Secure IT Disposals are now
part of Restore Technology

All batteries and cathode ray tubes come under this directive. The transportation of loose batteries and CRT's can only be carried out by a licensed waste carrier under a special waste note.

Anything containing a Cathode Ray Tubes (CRTs) are classified as Hazardous Waste. This includes computer monitors and televisions.

IT WEEE waste including CRT

Not sure if we produce hazardous waste. How do I know?
In the past, most companies did not produce hazardous waste. However, on 15th July 2005 numerous items previously not classed as hazardous waste were reclassified. The two main ones were CRT monitors and acid batteries.

Do I need to register?
If you dispose of 200 kg or more of hazardous waste per year, then you will need to register with the Environment Agency.

What happens if I do not register?
Without a registration number from the Environment Agency your computer recycler will not be allowed to collect any computer monitors. If they do, then both you and the recycler can be filled.

What waste do Secure IT Disposals handle?
We are licensed to process any Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), batteries, Toner/laser cartridges and Inkjet cartridges. Please note that we do not handle waste oil, clinical waste, chemicals, paints etc.

What does it cost?
The Environment Agency charge us £18.00.

If you have any questions about your hazardous waste please email us on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call on 0121 421 8431.

NCSC Assured Service Provider Certified Service CAS Sanitisation 264868406 1351SANBSi logoADISA  cyber-essentials-badge-high-resdipcog BlanccosafeIIP LOGO BLUE RGB MS rgb Registered-Refurb Blk EST Motorvate member RGB Colour x 5