Secure IT Disposals Ltd is committed to attaining the highest standards of Health, Safety and Welfare for its employees. We believe this is only achievable by the active promotion of a positive safety culture throughout the organisation.
Our approach to managing health and safety will be pragmatic and proportionate and will be prioritised according to risk. We accept that we cannot eliminate risk from everything we do but we can manage risk in such a way that exposure to hazards is controlled as far as is reasonably practicable. It is the policy of the Company to:
- Comply fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations.
- Carry our suitable risk assessments and implement appropriate control measures to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors and others that may be affected by our work.
- Provide our employees with sufficient information and training to enable them to carry out their duties in an efficient and safe way.
- Provide the employees with the opportunity and to facilitate consultation on matters of health and safety, with the management.
- Encourage staff to identify and report hazards so that we can all contribute towards improving safety.
- Ensure effective reporting, recording and investigation of accidents, incidents and cases of occupational disease, so that lessons are learned and action taken to reduce the risk of recurrence.
- Implement emergency procedures for dealing with health and safety related incidents.
- Maintain the workplace and all work equipment in safe and efficient working order.
- Monitor and review performance against health and safety objectives and targets, in pursuit of continuous improvement.
The company will undertake annual Management Reviews of this Policy to assess its suitability. Opportunities for continual improvement will be identified and actioned where appropriate.
16th September 2019 v9